Monday, March 1, 2010

Still Thinking

Oh, I'm still sitting with the truths we discussed last week for our February chew* chat.

Here are a few of the lingering thoughts:

-We can't stop at realizing depth of our wretchedness without seeing the direct correlation to the depth of His grace. "Hold a true Lent in your souls, while you sorrow over your hardness of heart. Do not stop at sorrow. Remember where you first received salvation. Go at once to the cross. There and only there can you get your spirit aroused." -Charles Spurgeon

-When we break lent, or miss the mark by failing to keep our promises, we remember His forgiveness, His perfect sacrifice despite our missing-the-mark-ness.

-The more time we have to reflect on our sin-bound situation, the more time we have to gain gratitude for the Cross. "A thankful heart prepares the way for the Lord."

Once again, I thoroughly enjoyed the chance to be a part of such an engaging discussion that encouraged me to both study a pertinent topic and share in it with fellow followers. Looking forward to next month already!

2 comments:

Dominique said...

I found yall's blog while blog surfing and I just wanted to say as a Christian, I found it really interesting. I love hearing other people's opinions about different topics of faith and hope that you guys keep it up!

Annie said...

I'm not entirely sure if this has much to do with your thoughts here, Cory, nor am I even sure it relates to our February discussion. I do think, though, it's an article about Lent worth reading-- and if you have the patience, the comments below the article are pretty interesting too.

http://www.relevantmagazine.com/god/deeper-walk/features/20800-experiencing-lent