Saturday, February 20, 2010

february preview.



Stay tuned for our next chat about Lent. Here's what we're chewing on:

- Are you giving anything up for Lent? Are you “taking anything on” for Lent?
- How does your church prepare for Easter and/or recognize Lent? What is your church’s stance on these spiritual traditions?
- What does Lent mean to you personally as a Christ follower?
- How do we keep our minds sober and reflective leading up to Easter, especially while maintaining our regular schedules and commitments? Is this even necessary or important?
- Why is celebrating the Passover or sharing a Seder meal something many Christians have chosen, perhaps in light of the New Testament, to give up or ignore?
- Have we let Christian tradition (Advent, the daily hours, Passover, Lent) fall by the wayside in an effort to recognize that Christ’s death overcame the old law?
- Why is the church calendar still important and viable today?
- How do you practice the church calendar?
- How do our celebrations of this season deepen our understanding of the Good News?
- What does it mean to rend your heart and not your garments? (Joel 2:13)
- What does running from sin/repentance look like in our lives?

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

I know this is only the second edition, but I can truly say that I was looking forward to listening today! My partner at work leaves for an hour everyday, so I turn up chew* and relax. It's great to listen because a) I adore two of you lovely ladies (have for a long time), b) i get a better perspective about true things, and c) it helps me know that there are others out there that think like I do and are somewhat in the same boat I am. Thanks for taking time to do this. I enjoy it so much! Looking forward to March!!!!!